A repost from the EdTechDigest blog. The biggest fear I see in technology is the thought of changing “what’s always been done”. If we can demonstrate how it can make what’s always been done easier, more engaging, and increase student achievement, we must go for it, right?!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Sarah Barton Thomas is the Academic Technology Coordinator at an Independent School in suburban Maryland. She is a graduate of Northwest Missouri State University, Klingenstein Summer Institute, Harvard GSE Aspiring Leaders Institute, and The Johns Hopkins University where she received a M.S.Ed in School Administration. She is passionate about helping students build connections between technology, learning, and the world around them. As an endurance runner, Ironman triathlete, and coach, she is committed to the holistic education of children from the lunch box to recess to the best friends and everything in between.
Please note: the views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views of my employer.
- Great parenting thoughts from @awakeshelly #authentic #parenting #edchat ow.ly/lkCZi 11 hours ago
- QFTD from gr2girl: "Ms. T, tonight I'm going home to do something called Python. I'm making my own game!" #girlswhocode #eduawesome #edtech 15 hours ago
- Great graph of learning theory. ow.ly/ljR3z #pedagogy #edchat #edtech #curriculum #learn 16 hours ago
- RT @NYEdTech: 10 Digital Citizenship Tips From Your Mother - buff.ly/16251hf #EdTechNYC 16 hours ago
- ‘COMING HOME’: Wisconsin teenager wins ‘Doodle 4 Google’ wapo.st/11ceLMV #welcomehome #googledoodle #edchat 17 hours ago
- @MindShiftKQED: What Teens Feel About Privacy and Social Media | blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2013… #edtech #edchat #socialmedia 1 day ago
- The Problem Of Today’s Children: Parents anniemurphypaul.com/2013/05/the-pr… via @anniemurphypaul #edchat #isedchat #parenting 1 day ago
- Rise Up Project by Sarah Burke kck.st/19W7E0y via @kickstarter #musicedchat #edchat #makeadifference #eduawesome 1 day ago
- Amazing teacher! Over 400 Children 'Rise Up' for Music Funding with the Rise Up Proj... on.wsj.com/11b33ST #edchat #musedchat 1 day ago
- Is there a right way to do Professional Development? cevans5095.blogspot.com/2013/05/is-the… #goodread #edcamp #edPD #edchat 1 day ago
- RT @marissamayer: Photo: The great workplace dilemmas of our time… tmblr.co/Z4v08slQKXZl 1 day ago
- Teachers Are Awesome: Educators as Heroes in Oklahoma Tornado good.is/posts/teachers… #okteachers #prayforoklahoma 1 day ago
- Teachers are HEROES. #prayforoklahoma #edchat #okteachers theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/… 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/Nhtr5J00ntA?a Taps The Bugler's Cry-The Origin of Sounding Taps 1 day ago
- RT @PapaC_SJE: "Be joyful. Be thankful. Be useful." -Kurt Dunkle, Dean & President, The General Theological Seminary. Good advice for today! 1 day ago
T2C’s Reading List
Share book reviews and ratings with Sarah, and even join a book club on Goodreads.